Monday, March 01, 2010

Found Her!!

The real Abby came to class yesterday.

There were a lot of things that contributed to Abby's poor showing in class yesterday.

1) Death of a family member kept practice to a minimal (or, not at all)
2) Due to #1, she spent a great deal of time in a crate at grandma's
3) There was a new dog in class
4) #3 also came in late
5) The instructor made all sorts of loud noises and arm motions for distraction
6) The class room door was wide open to the outside world

All of these things contributed to Abby having a difficult time in class, but I think that the biggest contributor was my attitude. After having a hard week, I didn't have the energy for a full class, and I really should have stayed home. But I was hoping that with two great weeks under her belt, that I could have an off day and Abby would still do ok. I was wrong. My being off, on top of all Abby's worst fears in one room, made for a really difficult day for the both of us.

We made up for it a tiny bit at the end by doing the course at top speed and never stopping for the stationary exercises. Her tail came out a tiny bit and I think that she left on a good note; so hopefully next week won't be as bad.

No comments: