Sunday, April 18, 2010

Super Fun!

We had an awesome time yesterday at the fun match. Abby did great, and had fun. Mole got to eat a ton of cookies, so he had a great time. Pocket slept in. . .

I entered Abby in two standard runs and two jumpers runs. I am very glad that we got to do the standard runs first because that is the one that we usually run last and therefore lag through it. The first run was just ok (hi-def videos to come!) Abby kept trying to go see auntie marci and kept ignoring me! That's ok, it's Abby. . .we expect some level of that. The second run was PERFECT. And I don't mean Abby perfect - I mean PERFECT! If we were at a trial we would have Q'd (maybe not have placed, but def Q'd!) Unfortunately that one was not caught on video. . . had we had the video camera there, Abby probably would have been looking for auntie marci again!

Jumpers runs were second, and I was expecting them to be great since Abby loves jumpers. . .but it's Abby. . . The first run was terrible. Truly horrible in every way. The way the course was set up meant that we had to run alongside the other ring - that terrified Abby. She wouldn't do anything for me. I almost scratched her from her second run, but I decided to just go in and give her lots of cookies. I also started her off course. Once she got the idea that we weren't running near the other ring, and that she got lots and lots of cookies, she had a great time. Had we been set up outside, I think that she would have done really well both runs. We do have videos of the second jumpers run coming too!

Dave Mills - awesome photographer- was there again taking photos. He was set up in the standard ring, so I hope that he got some great photos of Abby running.

We all had a great time until I found TWO TICKS crawling on me on the car ride home! The first one I thought was an ant crawling on my neck until I grabbed it and it was TOO FAT to be an ant. The second one was crawling on my pant leg. When I got home I stripped in front of the mirror looking for more! I think that I tried to pull every mole and freckle off my body just to be sure! The kids were spared, thankfully!

No comments: