Sunday, January 23, 2011

Baby Socks

It's been awhile since I've posted about my knitting. I've made a few scarves and am currently working on another blanket. I'm not sure why I start blankets as they take me forever because I get bored easily.

My most recent projects have been a scarf for my godmother:



and baby socks for little miss violet:



I'm really excited about these socks because they are my first PAIR of socks! Sure, they are tiny, but they are for tiny feet! I had a lot of fun doing these because they were quick and relatively easy, and I got to use some yarn that I've had lying around for awhile.

I still don't know a whole lot about yarn or dye lots or weight, but I have learned that my favorite yarn to knit with is bamboo. I still find it strange that they make yarn out of a plant, but its fun to work with and is super soft and is a renewable resource. PLUS, it's a great conversation piece!

No comments: