Sunday, April 17, 2011

I Have A New Hiking Buddy



A very good friend of mine is mining for gold up in Alaska and has asked me to take his dog for a bit. As much as I love my friend, and as much as I love his dog, I knew that this would be a big adventure for me and my crew. Sniper is a 2 year old, male Belgian Malinois. He is a very sweet and very well trained dog, but he is 86 lbs and full of energy. On top of the 5 mile hike we've been doing in the morning, and the 2 mile walk we do in the afternoons, there are many play sessions, many training sessions, and lots of pacing. This dog is non-stop.

Well, that is not entirely true. . . After 3 days of this, I finally caught him napping! It is such a rare occurrence, that I had to take a picture:



But very shortly after this picture was taken, we were back to killing stuffies



But despite the constant work, this dog is great for one thing. . . guarding my beer!



Come on now, would you try to take my beer if this thing was standing in front of it?

2 comments:

themacinator said...

that picture in the snow is awesome. it looks like he actually DID go to alaska!

Running With Dogs said...

He would've had so much fun playing with the bears! And he probably would've gotten even fatter! LOL