Monday, September 12, 2011

Dogs, Shmogs. . . I Have A NEW Best Friend

I am currently living with FOUR dogs. And between the muddy paws, the vomiting (always, and only, in the middle of the night) the long-term housebreaking issues, and the never ending supply of hair, things can get pretty gross around here. I try very hard to sweep and vacuum and do laundry as much as possible, but sometimes it's still not enough. I've had the carpets professionally cleaned a few times, but it's really expensive and, honestly, I need to do it more than I actually have it done. For awhile I've been wanting my own deep cleaning upright, but they are also a bit expensive. Luckily, it's my birthday, and I used all that birthday dough for a Bissell!!!!



It's one of those "steam cleaning" machines - easy to assemble and easy to use. It's a total pain to clean it when you're done, but still completely worth it! You can move as much furniture out as you want, but you don't have to feel guilty if you don't move all of it out because you aren't paying for someone's time and labor. Also, you don't have some creepy guy coming into your house, scaring your dogs, and giving you dirty looks for all the hair you didn't vacuum up before he got there.

The cleaning itself took about 30 minutes and the carpet looks great. I think it smells better in here too, but my allergies are terrible with 4 dogs, so I can't smell much. The carpet is still a bit damp, so I have towels all over the floor to absorb the excess water. I am super happy that I finally took the plunge and got one of these things!

1 comment:

morganney said...

I never knew excitement over a steam cleaning machine could be so funny. Thanks!