Friday, March 20, 2009

Hobbies

My new hobby:



Yes, it is a sock.

I have been needing a hobby for a long time. Since most of my life revolves around dogs, it can be difficult to branch out and find something different to do. And while knitting isn't new for me, going to knitting group is. I know, it is completely out of character for me to seek out and participate in a group activity, but this is really fun. The girls in the group are all about my age, and while most of their talk revolves around yarn, I still enjoy the company.

I now regularly find myself in a whole new world of yarn stores, bamboo needles, "knitting in the round", and patterns. The sock was a little difficult, but tons of fun. This picture doesn't show the bunion block I accidentally created when forming the heel.

I still need to finish the baby blanket (ok, let's be honest and call it an afghan!) but because it is so large I find myself getting bored with it. Now I have a few other projects that I am working in rotation.

And I'm seriously thinking about ravelry . . .(wait, did I just admit that out loud????)

No comments: