Sunday, December 27, 2009

Playing Catch-Up

It seems that this year has gone by faster then most of the others. It seems that this year has also been busier then most of the others too. And most of it has been "good busy" filled with things that I enjoy doing. By looking at this blog, one would think that the only thing I enjoy doing is playing with my dogs. It is true that's when I enjoy myself the most, but that isn't the only thing I have fun doing. One of my other passions is books. I love books of all kinds (save that ONE genre) and read at least one book in each genre each year - even if I don't really want to.

Even though my year has been busy, I still managed to find time for my beloved books. And this year has given me a few firsts in books 1) I joined a book club (with actual people) 2) I stopped reading books that I didn't enjoy 3) I paid for most of my books (and some were new) 4)I bought a few books at those giant impersonal stores. My goal was to read 50 books this year....did I make it? I think so, but I didn't keep track of all the books I read. I also cheated a little - there are a few books that I re-read every year, and I think that those should count to the total. Also, some of the books were short stories(blech!) but I read them so they definitely count!

Some of my favorites of the year:

Control Unleashed (Dog training book)

Still Alice by Lisa Genova

Colors of the Mountain by Da Chen

My Life in France by Julia Child

These are all excellent yet easy reads. And when you have had a year like I've had, you need a few easy reads.

I'm hoping to keep my reading list up to date next year...but I'm not going to hold my breath...

No comments: