Wednesday, January 13, 2010

I Have Great Dogs

. . . even if I don't always think so . . .

Things have been super crazy/busy/stressful for the past few weeks at work and I really needed a vacation. I needed to get away somewhere quiet with the dogs and completely decompress. After thinking it over and checking dogfriendly.com I found a nice little inn on a beach in northern, northern CA called Cleone Gardens Inn. It is the perfect get-away and they really are very dog friendly. Not just semi-dog-friendly... the real dog-friendly where they let the dogs up on the bed and the couch and give you bowls and towels and cookies for your dogs. The dog-friendly where they greet your dog before they greet you . . . the kind of place that makes me feel at home because that is how my own home truly is.

The dogs were perfect and had a great time. We spent a lot of time watching bad tv, reading books, and walking the beach. Pocket loves the beach. I think that it is her favorite place to be. All she wants to do is run, run, run. Mole likes the smells. Abby is no longer afraid of the beach.. and I think that is the most I can hope for on her second trip there! While there I tried to get some good photos of the kids, but I couldn't seem to get one where their tails weren't wagging constantly.






Don't expect any photos of Abby's tail wagging...she didn't wag it once on any of our walks while we were AT the beach... but it wasn't tucked up either, so I think that we are making progress...

Since I had all the time in the world (and a few cookies) I thought that I would try for a family photo. Here are the out takes:


two


plus two


equals three


wait, lets try that again


One more time

One


plus two


equals. . . one dog and two aliens.... (they're back!)



ok, ok. . .we did get ONE good photo


All in all, I had a great weekend. And it was nice having Abby along for a vacation. She hasn't gotten to come before because she really isn't trustworthy... but I had the time to take things slow with her and I really want her to start being able to come on the few vacations we actually get to take. She seemed to enjoy herself at some points, and she wasn't stressed out during the rest of it, so I think that she will be coming from now on. I really do have great dogs, and it is times like these where their wonderful personalities and great behavior, and stability really show. I did have a nice, relaxing time, but more than that, I was proud of my kids... and having the chance to get away with them means more to me than anything

No comments: