Sunday, July 18, 2010

New Phone

I had an iPhone for a few years, but it has been slowly dying lately. Earlier in the week it decided that it would no longer accept phone calls; but for some strange reason I was still able to talk using my blue-tooth... Strange, I know. . . it was becoming increasingly evident that I needed a new phone.

I have been thinking and debating about phones for a few months now, but this is a bad time of year for me at work, so making non-work related decisions is difficult. I had hoped to put the decision off until September or October, but having a working phone is sort-of essential. . .

After much thought I decided on the HTC EVO, for a variety of reasons that I will not go into. For the most part, I really like my new phone. I am happy with the service so far - Sprint -and really enjoy the lightning fast data access (I was stuck in the olden days with the Edge network). I really like the big screen, I like the camera, I like the radio feature, I like that my contacts are synced with FB and everyone has their own unique photos. There are a few things that I don't like, however, and I don't think that I will get used to 1) I can't access my mail folders - or at least I can't figure out how to access them 2) I can't seem to get my iTunes music transferred- even though I KNOW there is a way to do this. 3) I don't like the limited options on the calender for selecting repeated appointments 4) I don't like that it takes FOREVER to charge!

I have a full 30 days to try out this phone and service. I am almost 100% sure that I am going to stick with it. I can't quite say that I like it as much as my iPhone, but it is still new and we are still getting used to one another.

No comments: