Sunday, February 27, 2011

Pressing Reset

Ever feel like your life has taken some strange turn and you can't find your back back to the beginning? That's how I've felt lately. Last year was tough for so many reasons and I was really looking forward to starting a new year. But once that new year started, things got even worse for awhile. Things have finally settled down but I can't seem to get back to where I was before all the bad things started happening. I feel like I need to find the reset button and press it F.A.S.T.

LB and I talked extensively around the new year about how January 1st is really just an arbitrary date - it's doesn't actually reset anything. Things don't magically become better at the stroke of midnight. I completely agree with her, but that didn't stop me from wishing that things would turn around and that life would get easier . . .at least for a little while.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining about my life. I have a great life - better than most. But at times I feel like I'm trying to play catch-up. Like I'm always one step behind of where I'm supposed to be. I spent so much of last year running around, and I felt like if I took a little break, that things would settle down, and that I would finally be able to be right where I was supposed to be when I was supposed to be there. But now, I feel like I've gotten even more far behind.

It's obvious that trying to do everything didn't work. But it also seems that trying to do nothing doesn't really work either? Where is the happy medium? Does it even exist? Well, I'm about to try and find it again. It may not be January 1st, but I'm going to start this year over again and watch it get better and better.

No comments: