Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Its So Luscious

I have been having a bit of a dilemma with my "create less waste" goal. Since this whole thing is just a "goal" I figured that I can pick and choose what works for my lifestyle. I know that is a bit selfish, but I can't really stop going to work because the gas from my car creates a ton of pollution - and I'm not going to buy a hybrid tomorrow. So, my dilemma is cosmetic - literally. Something I am not going to give up is cleanliness/femininity. I'm not really a girly-girl, but I do like to feel pretty and smell nice - and how do you do that while creating less waste? I mean, I NEED to wash my hair!

I found this website for a smallish cosmetic company that hand makes their products and some of their products are container-less. The company is called Lush and they have an amazing selection. I bought their shampoo - it comes in a bar form and creates a surprising amount of lather. Its also Vegan. I bought some conditioner - also vegan. My favorite thing is a bar lotion. I'm not sure if its vegan, but its still fabulous. Its almost like a massage oil without all that grease!


Super fun soap (notice the weird color specs):


Best Lotion (in fun tin):

No comments: