Thursday, February 21, 2008

UPS Hates Me . . . Again

Last year around christmas time I blogged about how UPS must hate me (instert web link to old, now deleted post) because they rerouted my package of books back to its origin. Well, now I know for sure that UPS hates me.

My goal this year was to create less waste. Its semi environmental and semi anti-consumerism. I got the idea from The Compact - a San Fransisco group who decided not to buy any new consumer goods for a whole year. They have continued the effort, on some level, and you can read about it on their blog. I have followed them for a bit now and have decided to finally take a step out - hence my goal to create less waste.

I decided that my first step would be to stop using those paper cups at coffee places (insert link to post about Peet's coffee cups dripping). I have actually been doing really well - probably because I haven't gone since that post! Ok, I have gone, but I drank coffee there in ceramic mugs.

My next step was to stop using plastic/paper bags. I have a larger bag that I use when I take the dogs out, but its more of a large purse than a grocery bag. I ordered a bunch of bags from ECOBAGS. Some were the grocery - paper bag - type and some were those fruit/produce bags. I am really looking forward to getting these bags, and have been tracking them on UPS for a week now.

Today I went on the tracking site to find that they re-routed my bags to ONTARIO!!!! Not Canada, but southern CA. I used to live near that distributorship, but not now! This is the second time that this has happened to me with UPS. The reason its a big deal is that I rarely order anything and its happened to the past two! Am I doomed to repeat this every time I use them for shipping? Did I seriously piss someone off and not know it? Maybe I did something to one of the higher-ups dogs and they are getting subliminal messages to re-route all my packages.

Its so frustrating!

1 comment:

themacinator said...

hey honey? remember how my parents gave us those reusable bags? well i have yours. i went to the store yesterday and brought home my groceries in a "T" bag. do you have mine? or none at all? i will help you be less wasteful :)