Saturday, August 02, 2008

Abby Bobblehead

Mac's mom posted this super funny video about Booker Bobblehead. When booker gets excited he wags his tail and his head starts to bobble. Its a hilarious video and almost made me want a bobble head dog for myself.

Well, I got my wish, but it wasn't as fun as I had hoped it would be. Abby had bobble head last night. It lasted for about 5 minutes and continued through me petting her and her laying her head down on the pillow - the only place this now spoiled dog will sleep.

It scared me quite a bit, but since I had just taken some sleeping medicine for my cold, I was SOL for driving her to the E-vet. Once the fam got home, the bobbling had stopped and she was sleeping soundly. No need to rush her in and pay a fortune when I could wait till morning and talk to a vet I trusted.

His opinion: mini seizure. Yep, seizure. He said its possible that she had some minor trauma to her head and that there is a small scar which is causing the trembling. He said it may get worse, or it may not. There is really no way to tell what the cause is unless I do an MRI - not gonna happen at this stage. So for now, the only thing to do is just wait and see. See if it happens again and see if it gets worse.

No comments: