Saturday, August 16, 2008

Vacation -part 1

I just got back from a vacation. Like most vacations, we packed too many things into too short of a time period. I'm glad that I have three days off before I have to go back to work because I am exhausted!

One of the craziest things that happened on my trip was all the bug bites I got. This isn't too unusual since I was in Maryland and there are mosquitoes over there, but this year they were worse then ever before. And my grandpap thinks that they aren't really mosquitoes after all -he says that they are more gnat like and that their bites are much worse. Considering the short time I was outside and the sheer number of bites that I got, I would have to agree. Also, I had a strange reaction to these bites that I have never had with regular mosquitoes. My bites were larger, redder, blotchy, itched more severely, and lasted longer then any bites I have had. After 3 days I finally broke down and took some Benadryl - then I took that twice a day for 4 days! I still have small red spots on my legs!

Back of my left leg:


Top of my right:


All together I had 28 bites - including one on my big toe! If any one has any idea what kinds of creatures would do this, please let me know so I can start a campaign to eradicate them immediately.

No comments: