Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Agility Ate My Life

Or maybe just my blog...???

It seems that my dog blog has been taken over by agility dogs - MY agility dogS -yes, that is plural.

Along time ago, in a land far, far away. . .who I am kidding, this isn't a fairy tale! This is the tale of how my three tails sucked all my money and time away. Yes, THREE!

Last night, while training my TWO, my friend had the bright idea of bringing out sweet, adorable, previously innocent pocket and trying her on some jumps. The little bitch(!) had more energy and fun then mole - and probably more fun then even topper! She loved it and was willing to do it again and again and again. She didn't tire of the repetition like mole, and she seemed to get it faster than Abby. She was almost perfect.

So, tonight when I went to try mole out at a facility I decided to bring pocket along and try her too. She was scared of the barking dogs (who can really blame her) and she didn't like the teeter - too much noise. But she wasn't afraid of the wobble board (I swear on my great-grandmother's grave) and she wasn't afraid of the standard size dog walk. It was almost embarrassing that she could walk the "walk" and I could barely walk without tripping on solid ground right next to her.

Somehow the training of one dog in agility, became the training of two. Somewhere along the line the training of two became the training of three. I'm still not always sure how I even ended up with three dogs to begin with, let alone training all three in agility! Nothing but good things have come out of it, though

Abby had a new found confidence and is interested in meeting new people earlier on.

Pocket seems to be having fun for the first time since her attack.

Mole. . .well, Mole gets food . . .and mom. . .so he is just happy.

And mom gets three tired dogs and can finally read HP4 in peace!

No comments: