Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Doga

as in YOGA for your dog. . .who will then become a dogi

Since the kids started agility, they have all been sleeping better - or at least it seems like that to me. They never actually tell me that they got a bad night's sleep, but sometimes I think I can see it in their eyes. Abby has taken to sleeping at the dog bed on the end of the bed - at least until I turn out the lights. . .then she is back to being on top of me. Pocket is actually sleeping closer to Abby - not sure what that is about - maybe it's closer to me and Abby just happens to also be close to me??? And Mole . . .well. . .mole has taken to sleeping in funny positions.



Yes, that is his back foot up against his nose.

I know that dogs sleep in weird positions - Abby, with her dropped hips sleeps in some of the weirdest that I have ever seen. But Mole has always been more dignified. His head goes on the pillow and his bottom is on the bed. Unless of course he is curled around my head, in which case his entire body is on the pillow. But Mole has never slept with his foot in his face! Maybe it is all the activity? It loosened his joints and allowed him to enjoy some new sleeping positions? But I would think that all the running and jumping would tighten his little body. We aren't doing Doga for goodness sakes! (Tangent: I can't believe people actually do that! I actually found a class on ehow.com teaching you how to do it with your dog. Some people are seriously weird!)

No comments: