Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Goodbye Dear Friends

A few months ago, I was talked into joining facebook for work. I did it because I'm a "team player" and because I really couldn't say no. I joined with the help of a colleague then immediately added the app to my phone. Once the app was on my phone I never used it on the computer - ever. I actually forgot what email account I used, and lets not even talk about possible passwords. But it really didn't matter because my phone did everything I need facebook for: mainly following friends. I was happy with my account for awhile because I was under a false name. I really didn't want people to "find me" - that was the whole reason I deleted my myspace account in the first place. A few people knew my pseudonym and we became friends. . .or is it faced? The lingo is still completely lost on me. . .But recently something horrible happened - more people found me! Or maybe I should say that the wrong people found me. And I am still not entire sure how that could happen because I couldn't even find me! Then a second horrible thing happened - my phone got funky because of the app. Aparently people with the facebook app have a hard time "backing up" their iphone. And since I was having the same problems with my phone that other people with the app reported having I decided it was a good time (excuse) to get rid of facebook completely.

So let me take a moment to tell my friends that I still love you. . .I just can't face you anymore. Maybe we can tweet. . .

No comments: