Sunday, May 04, 2008

Weird Stuff

Today was an interesting day - to say the least. We came across some really weird things today. This isn't all that unexpected considering we went to the 9th annual "How Weird Street Faire" today in San Francisco. I kept finding myself saying "thats so weird. . ." There were many things I wanted to take pictures of, but since I can't seem to find my camera I was the one saying "can she take your picture?" She referring to Mac's mom, of course. I am sure that she will post some amazing things on her blog and probably more great stuff on her flikr.

But the really weird stuff that I saw today came on the walk we took this morning. The walk we had to take to tire the kids out so I could go to an A's game (they won!!!) The first thing we came across was a stick with streamers. It looks like they are planing on doing some developing, but its weird because its part of the EBParks and that land isn't meant to be developed.



(if you look closely you can see those weird round things in the background too)

Then we came across these . . . (i'm not even sure how to describe them) - and those weird round things are in the background of this picture too!



The saddest part was all the garbage we came across. I shouldn't think this is weird because it is right next to the dumps. I even refer to this place as "the dumps." While on the walk I came across this "rock" - well it looked like this molten lava rock:



But when I picked it up I realized that it was an old piece of a tire. A thick bit of rubber that somehow made it over the fence and onto my walking path. And since it will probably never biodegrade it will probably be there next week too. Its so weird to come across something like that in the midst of "nature" but its mainly just sad.

No comments: