Sunday, March 02, 2008

Even When It Is . . . It Isn't

We needed an easy relaxing walk after that experience yesterday. We decided to do the Oyster Bay walk between the Marina and the Airport. This really was a 2.1 mile easy walk, but the experience was a bit disturbing.

The first thing was that the park is behind the dumps. Yeah, the real DUMPS!



And then we came across all these weird hobbit-box things, but i guess they were another place to pee on.



The other thing we came across was the most disturbing, but maybe I shouldn't talk because I don't have big dogs. For the most part, we were alone on the walk, but about half-way through we came across these two un-neutered Rhodesian Ridgebacks. At first they were polite but having two 70 + pound dogs sniffing your you-know-what would be overwhelming even for a 30 pound dog. I told my well-behaved 9 pound dog to "leave it" - mainly so he didn't tell them off and trigger a fight- and he tried. But they would not leave his manhood alone. At one point I almost reached in and grabbed my dog just to save him as I could see that he was getting very overwhelmed. I tapped one dog on the head thinking he would at least look up, but he didn't. FINALLY, the owner came around the corner with a stick and smacked both dogs. I guess its easier to hit your dog than it is to train him to "leave -it" or "off". After the whole thing I was a wreck but mole seemed fine as he met a few more dogs and reacted just the same as he aways does - no cares in the world. Thank god he is more stable than I am.

More pictures from oyster bay:





No comments: