Sunday, October 05, 2008

Confession

They say that confession is good for the soul - but what if you don't feel sorry for what you did? What then? Is something "wrong" if everyone you know doesn't think so?

Meet Tara



Now imagine coming home and finding that tied to your fence! Don't let the smile fool you. . . she was 100lbs of pure German Rottweiler. She was everything this breed is supposed to be: calm, stoic, loyal, affectionate, brave, trustworthy, silly, and full of love. She is the reason I love this breed so much. She was the perfect dog - in every way. I always felt safe when she was around, I new that she would never let any harm come to me - something I rarely felt with most people I knew.

She came to me late in life (hers, not mine) and she was already riddled with cancer. Her previous owner had neglected her in more ways then one, but since she never took her to the vet, she never had the mammary tumor removed and it eventually metastasized. I took care of her every need for quite some time. And when the end came, I did the humane thing and said good bye to her while she still had some of her dignity - something a rottie should always have. A few months after saying goodbye, I get a phone call from the previous owner who decided that she wanted her ashes back.



I didn't send this in, but this is my secret too. But those I have told don't blame me at all. I made a promise to that dog that she would always have a home with me. . .and I kept my promise. She still watches over me. . .

No comments: