Sunday, October 26, 2008

Puppies For Sale

I have spent most of my adult life campaigning for rescues. Granted, there was 2 years in the past 10 that I went to the "dark side" in a for profit job - not that I made much of a profit. But even while in that job I had a parade of rescues coming through my home and my heart. So imagine the frustrations I felt when I saw this just a few houses down from mine



I asked a law-enforcement friend is she had the power to arrest people in Hayward, sadly she did not. I have no real recourse for these people who are breeding and selling highly difficult dogs to own - and I say that with a true understanding because I too am in love with a breed that is difficult to own. What made me even more frustrated was when I saw Michael "walking" the sire down the street in a completely uncontrolled manner. I am not sure how long these people have been here, but I find it interesting that today was the first day that I saw the dogs that live in that house and its the same day that the sign goes up. Was the "walk" a way to drum up business? I just hope to god he doesn't decide to take his advertising campaign to our local off-leash haunt.

1 comment:

themacinator said...

oh honey,t hat sucks. i was wondering where you needed my assistance...