Monday, November 17, 2008

Doubled in Size

When little Pap Pap came into our lives he weighed only 1 pound 8 ounces. He has since doubled in size in a week and a half and now weighs 3 pounds 10 ounces. He is growing like a weed and eating me out of house and home. Food for a few days for this little guy cost $47. Thats more then Abby and she weighs 16 pounds!

Gratuitous puppy shots:






He just keeps getting cuter and cuter. His eyes are finally open and he is now taking a few steps on his own. He is still eating every few hours but I am only waking up once a night now instead of 3 times. It's still not a lot of sleep for me, but its just easier to stay up late and wake up early then to wake up twice a night for feedings. And while I have NEVER been a fan of puppies, and I've never been one for the "miracle of life" experience - I am glad that I get to experience this. I'm not particularly maternal and having children was never high on my to-do list (ok, its not on there at all) but its still fun watching him grow and change. I ooohhhed and aaahhhed the first time he opened his eyes and I cheered him on as he took his first steps. He really is a lot of fun and he will always hold a special place in my heart for giving me this experience that I never thought I would have.

1 comment:

themacinator said...

honey i can't believe i had to read your blog to find out about this. maybe it's because you knew i would be shocked (and a little grossed out). i'm glad you're having fun!