Saturday, April 11, 2009

Beach Adventure

I'm going to throw it out there first thing: I do not have pictures of the Beach Adventure.

I needed a fun day out with the dogs. Since pocket's incident she has practically refused to go for walks. She walks super slow behind me and will often get dragged a few feet before I realize that she has stopped walking completely. I usually give in and carry her while the rest of the pack run on ahead. Its really sad that one split second can change a dog's perception on the world.

I have heard a lot about Point Reyes and decided that we all needed to get away for the day. We all like long drives and we hadn't been to the beach in a while - Abby has NEVER been to the beach. Point Reyes is only mildly dog friendly and only has a few beaches that even allow dogs, and all are on leash. And since most people work on Mondays I figured that it was worth a chance and we took the drive.

Once there I let the dogs out and we took the half mile hike down to the beach - pocket dragging and Abby whimpering in confusion. Topper and Mole were just excited to pee on new things! Once we were down at the beach, everything seemed to change for pocket. She got very excited and tried to run. She was so happy that I decided to risk my life and run with four leashed dogs just to make her even happier. The thing that surprised me the most out of all of it is that Mole seemed to get happier when he ran. He didn't want to stop running. It was so cute!

I am not sure what our next adventure will be. I'm limited now because of my self-imposed on-leash rule. And Abby only has so much tolerance for the "exciting and new". I promise to try to take pictures next time.

No comments: