Wednesday, November 25, 2009

You Tube Frustration

This past Sunday we had another fun match up near Sacramento. Let me tell you, it as not nearly as fun as they have been in the past. And it wasn't Abby's fault at all, it was the weather! It was freezing cold! And the fog was so thick you couldn't see 10 feet in front of you. It was totally yucky! I wore so many layers of clothes that I looked like the abominable snowman! Abby wore a jacket between runs and even then her poor feet were so cold that I had to warm them up in my jacket! But she did really well despite the weather. . . and despite me. . .

The grandparents came up this time so that they could see what we do. It was a shorter then usual fun match so I figured it was a good time to go up without wasting their entire day up there. Grandpa took videos with his (point and shoot) camera, so the quality isn't excellent, but you can still see what is going on.

The first two runs of the day were the jumpers runs. Abby did great, but she consistently missed the second jump in a series. After looking back at the video, I think that I was crowding her. My attempt was to have her close enough to me where she had no choice but to take the jump. . .but I think that I was too close to the jump itself that she didn't feel safe next my clumsy self!

In the first video she surprised me completely by actually running at all! Not only were we inside (which she hates) but there was a lady in the next ring yelling at her dog!



In the second video Abby does a bit better. She saw the same course a few minutes earlier so she is a bit more confident and she moves a bit quicker. She also tries to go up and see a dog that is laying outside the ring. I was a bit mad, but not at Abby - the dog was literally laying on the fence - not entirely fair to the dog running in the ring. The funny thing that happens in the second video is that I get lost in the middle of the run! I really wasn't planning on her doing so well. . .I didn't learn the entire course, just what I thought she would do...



There are two more videos to come, but we are having intermittent internet activity and the videos won't upload properly. . .grrr!

No comments: