Sunday, May 09, 2010

Mothers Day

I know that some people make fun of people like me - people who think of their dogs as their children. They think that having dogs can't possibly be as difficult as raising children. I beg to differ. Try having something with the brain of a two year old child living with you for 15 years. Imagine having to ask you teenager if he went potty and then walking him back into the bathroom to "make sure". Imagine having to make breakfast and dinner for your children for their entire lives. Imagine being completely responsible for every facet of your child's life - food, exercise, mental stimulation, socialization, etc for their entire life. Now, I am not saying that being a parent isn't tough, I am simply saying that being a good dog parent is also difficult. A friend once told me that I am the first "soccer mom" that she knows. . .and I often feel like that. . .but I enjoy (almost) every minute.

Here are new pictures of my kids:

My smiling old man


Abby still carrying her winter weight


Unfortunately I didn't get any new pictures of Pocket because this



Kept doing this



That was pre-surgery when he was still allowed to run and play. . .post surgery he is doing well - better than I expected. . .but spending most of his time "resting". We can't afford for him to rupture any sutures, so until we get the A-OK from the Doc, he is being crate rested with limited exercise.

No comments: