Monday, May 24, 2010

Thanks Ken

A year ago I wrote a letter to a man named Ken telling him how inspired I was by his IGs, and what he was able to do with them despite their history. One of his IGs, Gracie, had a very similar story to Abby and yet she was still able to do so much. I also told him how frustrated I was that most people/trainers I talked to said that Abby would never be able to do Agility. He wrote me a really sweet letter telling me to keep working with her and that eventually we would find someone who would work with us. His letter really kept me motivated and kept me working with her at a time when I really just wanted to give up.

Obviously I kept working with her and didn't give up on her. We eventually did find someone who was willing to work with us (and still does despite everything!) and Abby CAN do agility. She has really blossomed into a wonderful dog and became everything that I could ever ask for in a dog - even if I forget that at times. . .

I recently tried to email Ken to say thank you for his kind words and to update him on how Abby was doing, but the email came back. I'm disappointed that I'm not able to thank him for giving me the courage to keep going. I'm sad that I can't tell him how much his work with his dogs inspired me to work so much with my own. And since I can't thank him directly, I thought that I would thank him here. Maybe the internet in it's wonderful and mysterious ways will somehow get the message to him.

Thank you, Ken.

No comments: