Saturday, March 01, 2008

The Ridge . . .Le Deux

I'm always looking for new places to take the kids off leash. I found this great site recently that lists all of the bay area hikes. The website is very user friendly and breaks the parks down in all sorts of sub-categories. You can search by difficulty, location, dog-friendly, etc. I,of course, chose dog-friendly and the park we chose for this week was the Pleasanton Ridge.

We got up early this morning and prepared for an easier 2.1 mile loop (according to the hike on bahikes) We were in for quite a surprise. It wasn't the easiest walk I've ever been on as the "hill" keeps going up - I guess we missed the trail head for the loop. We walked straight up for an hour before we ran into someone and asked if this ever loops back down. He looked a little confused and said "no, this just keeps going" Great! So now we have a long walk back down too. Luckily the kids made it and I didn't have to carry anyone.

Here are a few pics from our walk.







And one of the kids after . . .

No comments: