Saturday, May 23, 2009

Good Luck Topper




I'm happy and sad to report that Topper has been adopted.

And I'm a little embarrassed to report that I cried.

What can I say? That little guy has been with me for almost 3 months! Day in and day out, that little guy went everywhere the rest of the pack did. He fit into my house and my life style better then some of my "real" dogs. He was so easy going, so middle of the road. Always up for a snuggle or a walk. He was never any "problem" like some of my past fosters. He was literally the easiest dog that I brought into the house.

But, he wasn't destined to be my dog. He had an amazing family out there that was just waiting to find him. And the family who adopted him today were amazing. They had a "little old man" of a chihuahua too - so topper should feel right at home. The meeting went great and he seemed to like the couple - more then he liked a few other people the he met. He was happy to sit in their lap...then happy to trot back to me...then off he'd trot back to one of them...then off to try to play with the grumpy old man! It was cute really - and he seemed to fit in nicely. And when they all walked out the front door later, he didn't even look back. Both a happy and a sad moment.

I'm sure going to miss him, but the kids don't seem to notice his absence too much. When we got home mole gave me a strange look - I think he wondered where the other dog went. I tried to explain it to him, and he seemed to understand. Mole always seems to understand. Pocket could care less. I think that Abby thinks he is under the covers. . .who knows what goes on in that dog's mind!

We are done fostering for a LONG time. It's always worth it, but it's still hard.

No comments: