Thursday, July 03, 2008

Update

I know its unbelievable that Abby is home, but I have some even more unbelievable news:

Abby is completely healthy.

Let me explain:

Simple blood tests were done to determine her liver/kidney/pancreatic functions and everything was NORMAL. There was no damage to any of her organs - they were perfectly fine.

A fecal test was done to determine exactly what type of intestinal parasites she had. It was NEGATIVE. She had no intestinal parasites.

Special testing was done to determine which tick borne diseases she had and it was NEGATIVE. She was exposed to so many ticks, but none transmitted any deadly disease to her.

Its really unbelievable that given her circumstance and the condition she came home in that she will have no lasting health effects. She should live a long healthy life - once I put five more pounds on her!

I still can't get over how incredible this whole thing is.

No comments: