Tuesday, April 15, 2008

She's On The Internet!

Abby is up on the rescues website. The group that got her is Nor Cal Animal Friends, but they are also known as Nor Cal Beagle Rescue. You can read up about her on the adoptable animals page. Let me make one thing clear: Abby is not under 10lbs. She is fat - yes, I know most "normal" people think she looks fine, but all dog people have asked me if she was pregnant (that's how fat she looks! - and is!) But even at her ideal weight she will not be under 10lbs. I would be happy to get her to 12-15lbs . . .or, 3-5 lbs less then she is now.

Other than that, Abby is turning into a dog. She has *finally* started eating and this morning we had our first poop. I was so proud. Followed by our first pee accident in the house. Oh well. She comes to work with me and sleeps very quietly in the cage all day. But at night - when the kids and I are ready to sleep - she is awake. She whines a lot and paces constantly. She was fine sleeping in her crate for the first few days, but now she is only content up on the bed. Its horrible of me, and I really do know better, but she absolutely LOVES mole and curls up into a ball right next to him (and he doesn't seem to mind!)

The thing that really makes me the happiest is when we get home from work and she sees the kids for the first time all day. She wags her whole body and runs around the yard. It is absolutely adorable! Now if only she will be that happy to see a person she might stand a chance at getting adopted.

Wish her luck.

No comments: