Saturday, June 19, 2010

Building Drive

Abby has been SUPER pokey during agility training. I have no idea what is going on, and because it's Abby, it could be nothing, or it could be everything. And since she still seems to want to do obedience and go out for runs, I am assuming that she is physically fine. She just has no drive for agility right now. . .

As much as I love Abby and as fun as she can be to work at times, she can also be as equally frustrating. Part of the frustration comes because she seems to be fine one week, then is completely off the next. That is part of the reason we are keeping the journal - to hopefully figure out what I'm missing. Right now, she has no drive, but is still completing the courses. Its very strange.

I'm trying to do some research and I am asking everyone I can think of to ask. . . but as of tonight, I have no answers, just frustration. I'm being very careful not to let on how I feel, and am throwing big parties whenever she does anything. . . but it hasn't helped.

Despite my frustrations, I still really enjoy working with Abby and I think that she really enjoys working with me. We have formed a true team in the past few months and it has really strengthened our bond. And I know that once we figure this whole thing out that we will be that much better together. . . And I know that I will have that many more tips and tricks in working with other dogs. . . but right now, I just wish that we could go out there and run a course like we used to when we first started.

No comments: