Sunday, June 27, 2010

Still Having Fun

I was feeling pretty low earlier this week, but an awesome Rally class was just what we needed to get back on track.

Abby did awesome in class today. She learned two new exercises and we got to practice something that we haven't worked on in MONTHS! She did pretty good on her heeling off leash again. We were the last ones to run and some of the other class mates had started packing up and making noise, and while Abby was spooked, she kept working. I am actually quite surprised that she does so well off leash in that environment. But she picks things up fast, and once she knows what I want from her, its game on! We also have a bunch of homework this week. Its a bit sad that I am so excited about homework, but we really needed something new to work on. Both Abby and I were getting bored. . .

I am going to try not to get too sad about agility. Abby still has so much potential and we still have so far that we can go. I actually think that she likes Rally better because she gets to work closer to me and gets rewarded more frequently. I am going to try to look at the positive side of this. . .and I'm going to look for another sport to try. . . there has got to be something fun for old dogs to do!

No comments: