Monday, June 14, 2010

Panzanella Salad

My summer goal this year is to cook one new dish a week. Last week I made a really awesome home-made polenta dish with sauteed mushrooms and spinach. I wish that I took pictures because it was an awesome dish. . .

This week: Panzanella Salad (bread salad)

The ingredients are simple and can change a bit from person to person depending on what they like to eat. Mine consisted of cucumbers, tomatoes, red onions, blue cheese, mix green lettuce and bread. The dressing is a simple olive oil and balsamic vinaigrette. The bread is supposed to be day-old, but I didn't plan that far ahead, so I just baked mine a bit longer. I also added the blue cheese and the cherry tomatoes to the bread in the oven.



The food was delicious. The wine I chose to go with it. . .bleh. ..

I chose an Old Vine Zin made by a vintner I'd never heard of before - Haraszth. Its from Lodi and is a 2008. I tried to get some information about this wine/vintner, but I didn't find a whole lot of info. . . The wine itself has no real flavor. Part of it might be due to my allergies and not being able to smell properly, but I don't think that is all of it. The one good thing I can say about that wine was that it didn't detract anything from my meal. . .

No comments: